My Photo
Name:
Location: Kentucky, United States

Russell A. Vassallo was born in Newark, New Jersey, on April 24, 1934. He graduated from Seton Hall University and Seton Hall School of Law. When depression threatened him after retirement, his wife, Virginia, also a attorney, encouraged him to battle back by writing. To his surprise, he discovered that growing older, maturing and becoming a senior citizen had given him the insight he’d always lacked. Now he hopes writing will not only cure him but will aid animal charities as well as people suffering depression. “You can fight back and win,” he laughs. Russ is retired now and he and Virginia live on a farm in central Kentucky where Russ works the land, rides horses and lives an active and productive life. Russ has written two books about his animal friends, but he is by no means limited to animal stories. Of his new found career, he has this to say: "As long as people read and enjoy what I write…I’ll keep writing."

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mid November

Well, it's really been quite a month so far. First of all, I have four MSN email addresses and one by one, they all locked up. It's fun. I can read that people have sent me email but I can't open any of them. I can't get to my address book either. So I've been searching my memory for email addresses and going through drawers trying to find printed out emails. I've also started a number of email addresses at various sites, hoping that not all of them will crash at one time.

I've tried different computers at different locations to open the email. That didn't work. I've tried unplugging the computer. Hitting the CPU. Except for the fact that I know it is not this computer, I'd throw it out.

The fun part of the month so far was the Kentucky Book Fair. Lots of authors. Lots of patrons. We had great fun meeting friends from other book fairs and meeting new authors whom I am sure we will see again. We met lots of great folks and had a chance to talk to them about our books and many of them bought. Which was very exciting for us.

But live doesn't slow down just because the book fair season ends. In the two days that we have been home, I've been to a baby shower and thrown a party for our new neighbors. All my girl friends brought food and none of them took any home so I figure I don't need to cook for about a week. And we have lots of desserts!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home